cricket loonies on the grass

Thursday, July 27, 2006

RG or smart website management

I manage the website for the club (Thank you...thank you, pats myself on the back). We have the usual stat software running in the background on who all visit the website. Since the new version of the web went online on April 21st, we have had over 1500 visitors with an average of around 20 visitors a day. An interesting way to look at the visits is the following figure.



The usual stats show that the visits are highest on Monday when people check in to see the scores from the weekend match. They then taper towards the end of the week. It so happened that for the first few games, I was extremely efficient in updating the scorecards and match reports. Now with thesis writing catching up, I have usually gotten to updating the scorecard around Wednesday. And interestingly enough the hits on the page stay high and around constant for the first few days when people keep checking to see if I have uploaded the scorecard. You can compare the previous thursday with this one when last week I had uploaded the scorecard on Monday while this time around I got to doing it on Thursday. I am tempted often to keep them waiting and increase hits on the website but then finally succumb. So as Gaja would say I am doing RG (a term originating in the corridors of IIT Bombay for Relative Grading when people would wreck the curve but taking more than that in meaning here). I would term it as smart website management.

So all you clickers out there, keep checking. I feel like a puppetmaster in action.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home